Sadaqah is not restricted to giving part of our wealth or material possessions or any special deed of righteousness. Islam considers all good deeds as sadaqah that increase our hasanat (good reward):
The Messenger of Allah said “To smile in the company of your brother is charity. To command to do good deeds and to prevent others from doing evil is charity. To guide a person in a place where he can not get astray is charity. To remove troublesome things like thorns and bones from the road is charity. To pour water from your jug into the jug of your brother is charity. To guide a person with defective vision is charity for you."
Working fe sibillillah
We always need your volunteer work and fundraising to help Muslim Ummah with different ways of volunteering and fundraising in the way of Allah. These are some ideas for volunteer work and fundraising
• Voluntary teaching, for example any Islamic classes
• Voluntary Web Designer and leaflet print designer and video production specialist
• Voluntary Administration
• Voluntary caretaker and helper
• And any other voluntary work where you can help, you are most welcome.
Raising money voluntarily
• Street collections – we provide the donation books and fundraising buckets
• Shop customer donations – we provide the donation boxes
• Selling items for example, clothes, cards etc
• Physical challenge – climbing a mountain etc
• Events – fundraising could be through the sale of tickets
• Auction - for example, art frames etc
• Collections at your local place of worship
• Collection from family and friends
• Donate your earnings for a day through sponsored work
• Give one day’s earnings to Muslim Ummah.
This list is not exhaustive, if you have any ideas how you would like to fundraise on behalf of Muslim Ummah please contact us.
JazakAllah khair for your voluntary work and help. May Allah reward you for all your effort and time.
Please do not hesitate to contact us on:
Tel: 0115 978 54 20
Help Muslim Ummah to help the Muslim Ummah